Tuesday, August 24, 2010

RE: Quotes

Here are some quotes from photographers that I love and inspire me....
A thing that you see in my pictures is that I was not afraid to fall in love with these people.
Annie Leibovitz

Artists are the people among us who realize creation didn't stop on the sixth day.
Joel Peter Witkin

If a day goes by without my doing something related to photography, it's as though I've neglected something essential to my existence, as though I had forgotten to wake up. -
Robert Mapplethorpe

I tried to keep both arts alive, but the camera won. I found that while the camera does not express the soul, perhaps a photograph can!
Ansel Adams

The guy who takes a chance, who walks the line between the known and unknown, who is unafraid of failure, will succeed.
Gordon Parks

I suffered evils, but without allowing them to rob me of the freedom to expand.
Gordon Parks

My imagination is my polestar; I steer by that.
Clive Barker

Many people who excel are self-taught.
Herb Ritts